Welcome to Imtiyaz Blog. The place for sharing ideas and experience, expressing feeling and thought and building a relationship . Hope you enjoy it !
RSS

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Breastfeeding Journey- Part 1

Better late than never. While other mommies sharing their experiences in breastfeeding ( BF) their lil one since day 1 but I only started to jot down my BF journey after Shukrina turns 1. Appreciate Mummy HnH in guiding me what to write in this blog. This can be a reference/memory for my future child

My BF journey begun during my confinement period . Confinement time is luxury time , the only time I can relax, been treated like a princess , watching TV, surf net and most important NO HOUSE Chores J

Since my main reference ( my late mama) is not with me to guide me how, what , when , why ~ all sort of motherhood adventure , I only depends to my relatives/ friends/ net.

I would say I was a bit late to be introduced to SI which really change my paradigm, way of thinking in nurturing/ BF my daughter and of coz be friend with lots supermommies out there.

My first aim was to exclusive BF Shukrina for the 1st 2 months then only think about feeding her FM when I started work.

Even I found SI, but still I don’t go and study all the topic ( now I realizes why SI new comer started to post new question without bother/ know she need to browse and search for related topic). I know, I should pump the milk out, keep it in fridge for how long bla bla bla…but still I din’t keep much stock during confinement.

As a result, I supplied Shukrina with 2 bottle of EBM+ standby FM first day of work ( 2 EBM is not enough OK!). I can clearly remember, she refused to drink from bottle bcoz I taught her at very late stage ( 1 week b4 work) . What to do. Need to take half day off on my 1st day working . ( this was planned leave bcoz I need to settle some stuff at Land Office on the same day ) .

I admitted , the 1st workweek is the bz time for me to receive update /passdown from colleague ( after 2 month away and big changes happened at my office) , and I only pumped milk once per day.
But this was also the moment I spent time to really digest all important topic in SI and with help from someone who really lend me her hand in consulting & advising & introducing me to lactation world..

I shall put a full stop here. Will introduce who is my lactation counselor in next entry… till then.

Ummu Imtiyaz
11900
Bayan Lepas

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 sharing:

Mommy Harith Hannah said...

Dayah,
Terharunya namaku di'mention' di sini... *hugs*

btw, saya 100% agree about your 1st impression on SI forum... I felt the same too... So, I did't blame new momies asking the same Qs by oepning new topics.. I was in their shoes too, cuma takder guts nak buka new topic ajer... heheh...

Dayah @ Real Ummu said...

Ye le Arni..
saya pun takpenah rasa nak start new topic...just go with wave ... need to spend some time ( bukan sedikit ) to read thru all the topics