After we identified what are those concerns on BF, now let us discuss on what can we do to enlarge our circle of influence size. And again all points below is my personal opinion and experience . People ways are varies . But with the same goal- To Exclusive BF Our Baby
Remember, Circle of Influence is for proactive people who work on their influence rather than wasting time on concerns which we have no real control .
Our first concern previous entry was
1. I’m a career woman, busy, no time to BF and exhausted !
1. willingness & determination – “Inna a’malu biniiat
this is the 1st thing u need to have. You must have willpower to BF. Your niat and willpower will drive to success
2. time management- arrange your work and time. So that it will not jeopardous everything and show bad example to other colleagues
3. inform superior - courtesy, to let our boss now and try to explain so that he will get the whole picture ( My boss’s wife has been influence by our pumping team activity, she will join us very soon * my boss is counting days to be a daddy*)
4. motivation – always think that u wanna give the best to your beloved lil’ baby and increase your motivation day by day
1. No support from husband /parent/relatives/peer
1. Start with next of kin = YOUR HUSBAND. Explain to him and educate him on important of BF, giving the best to your child and cost saving . Get some article for him to read and understand and show him how much he can save on FM. If possible to get him involve in any lactation / BF event. This should start when baby is still in the womb so both of you will have more time to prepare . By him understand and appreciate BF, he can be one of your defense when other people bombard you.
2. Slowly educate your parent/in law. Do be too hasty /obstinacy. As I said in previous entry, you can’t change elderly mindset who believe in FM for ages in one night ! Show your determination to BF your baby , example of other people success and always say positive about it. Tell your parent , their grandchildren will stay health compare to consume FM. And don’t forget to doa
3. Don’t be down when friend always be bad mouth or show –ve reaction to you. Be positive and do not argue back. If still want to argue, be ready with fact and debate with manners. ( Don’t get me wrong, I do not provoke for argument, but sometimes we can’t stand right ). Perhaps your friend do not have knowledge . u can pity them instead.
4. Again inner strength is important whether they support you or not.
1. Lack of knowledge
- Go and learn!
- Get as much information as you could. From input to output of breastmilk. There are lots of info channel, thru internet, books,seminar,courses,club, forum, hospital etc.
- You have to build yourself to be a pro learner. Hunger of information . Try to source it anyway possible. Lack of info is the top pareto of failure to BF
- Be-friend with person who BF their baby within your surrounding . I am sure they will share the knowledge for everyone benefits
- We have Lactation Counselor to help us. Even more and more ‘Unofficial Lactation Counselor ‘ ready to help you FOC. ( I experienced one )
1. Susu tak banyak
1. First of all, as I said repeatedly, u must have high determination regardless in any circumstances ( only for
situation that advised/prescribed by medical experts that unable you to BF )
2. B size doesn’t matter. Do not set in your mind , you don’t have enough milk. I just love to remind myself and
other friends that God create us, endowed with baby and give us B. Allah is fair enough that each of B can satisfies our baby needs. Don’t us think our ancestor’s time where got FM ? Read my experience in previous entry.
3. if you continue to think that you don’t have adequate milk, there is always a way to increase it. By frequent pumping, drink a lot, watch our diet (which can cause deterioration of supply) , take supplement e.g MilkMaid Tea, pil ASI, dried longan, oat ( just to name few ). Just give a try as as our bodies’s condition also varies from one another.
4. Avoid having stress
5. Remember the rule of thumb ! Demand vs supply ! Keep pumping / direct feeding
1. Difficulty to BF in public
1. Malays quote “ Malu biar bertempat”
2. Is actually your mind setting. Other people not even look at u, or if they see u, is just at first glance. Is not exciting anyway looking at mom bFing. But you
should be proud instead of malu .
3. if still the public stare at u, you can’t change them, but what you can do is by wearing an appropriate nursing attire or use nursing cover. It is very
much helpful. My practice, I don’t use nursing cover ( even I have one gift from Ridz, thanks Ridz! ). I’m comfortable with my tudung which properly cover my aurah even when Shukrina is nursing and I always try to get blouse with button in front. Even my normal baju kurung pesak got button to serve this purpose
4. Now no more worries as more and more public place having their nursing room.
1. FM is available in any stores. It will be there until only Allah knows
1. FM itself is an influence . If FM influence you to buy, you have to influence yourself back to be tough and remember your mission/commitment because you know which is the best , BM or FM ?
2. If you are practicing BF, you won’t bother to buy FM or even to look at FM price during sales
3. Think about how much you can save by not buying FM. You can do some survey on your friends or do some simple calculation
4. Think of FM is a burden to you every time you are away from home. Typical parent to bring ‘bakul penuh perkakasan membancuh susu”
5. You have to wake up between night to prepare FM , sometime even argue to get your spouse to do it. I heard my friend experience, she have dropped and broke the flask due to drowsiness .
This will be my thought. Actually, there are more concerns and influence. Am neither a good writer nor knowledgeable person for above topic. Not much reference that I can note here. I just try to say something so that I can improve my analytical thinking skill and language
I started to realize blogging world is not easy especially when I try to write noteworthy, give me a feeling of ‘zuk’ ( Word ZUK is a famous terminology during my old school time) within