Since I became a mother, I have diversified or deviated my interest . everything will be Shukrina related world. One new interest is Cloth Diapering .
I started to wear Shukrina with Cloth Diaper ( CD) when she was 7 months. And I studied about CD when she was 5months. 2 months before I’m taking the decision to explore CD.
Why I like CD very much.
1) Environmetal friendly . U are not adding garbage that contribute to pollution . You are reducing it anyway..
2) Is very natural. No chemical that contact with my baby’s skin (below info copied form one of the blog )
Dioxin, which in various forms has been shown to cause cancer, birth defects, liver damage, and skindiseases, genetic damage, is a by-product of the paper-bleaching process used in manufacturing disposable diapers, and trace quantities may exist in the diapers themselves. Dioxin is listed by the EPA as the most toxic of cancer related chemicals
Tributyl-tin (TBT) - a toxic pollutant known to cause hormonal problems in humans and animals
Sodium polyacrylate -If you have ever seen the gel-like, super absorbent crystals in a disposable than you have seen this first hand. Sodium polyacrylate is the same substance that was removed from tampons because of its link to toxic shock syndrome.
3) Save cost. Long term
4) I like the printed design and color. Sooo cute babe !
5) Challenge myself with one more extra house chore. Actually not much, just add one more laundry per 2 days. Let’s WM do the work !
6) I like every bit and pieces bout CD. The design, the material, the care process and all the jargons in CD world.
I wish I could fulltime CDing but I have to accept the condition where the babysitter (BS ) is not in favor to CDing Shukrina after explanation, trial , pre-line with nappy liner and so on.. she still reluctant (I’ve shared this much in SI, so I’m not gonna repeat here -sedihh L - ). Even I have enough stash for fulltime, am still buying sposies for daytime usage at BS’s house . ( limit 2 per day )
1) Morning b4 sending her to BS ( I know BS will immediately chg to sposies after I go)
2) Evening bath at BS’s house
3) Night before sleep
3CD’s per day and fulltime CDing ( 5-6 CDs ) during weekend and my off day.
1) wash every 2nd or 3rd day –previous I used HAD, now TOP ( TOP lebih wangi skit ) with half or 1/4 from recommendation
2) stripping every month using SunLite
3) washing my washing machine (WM) every 2 month ( can refer to MiaBambina’s blog on how to take care or your WM
4) wash with Sodium and Distilled Vinegar as and when necessary.
My first CD is KasihkuSayangku (KS). I love the design& color so much… gradually I’m adding my CD inventory with various of brands, local and imported, new and seconds . And the latest CD that I bought was last 2 week also from KS- new design but I sold one to my colleague ( he wanna get his wife to try this ) and 2 more haven’t use ( anyone interest to buy LOL ) . I can’ t hold my finger from clicking to CD e-store and embrace myself tightly from buying it especially in this not so well economic condition time (terbabas jugak beli KS )