I never bought any nursing dress for myself. And never use nursing cover eversince I breastfeed my daughter. But still I hope that I can get my Dream Nursing Wear one day.
So, how do I breastfeed my daughter in public without nursing wear or cover ?
Can you imagine how I’m going to nurse my daughter while wearing jubah without button at public if the condition are 1) no nursing room 2) I didn’t bring my nursing cover ( I had one but never use). Am I going to ‘selak’ my jubah down from my leg up to my breast even with another layer of long skirt/kain inside ? Oho.. I don’t think so…
In my opinion and base on my personal experience, button is not appropriate for nursing wear, especially when you are facing the hungry baby and your hand hurrying unbutton your dress. Moreover, it can be a shameful moment if u forgot to button it back after nursed and somehow your tudung is not covering the ‘precious part’ properly .
Zip functioning wise is easier than button still not a prefect feature for nursing wear. If you are rough user, it might hurt your skin and zip can easily malfunction compare to button. . But both button and zip can be a life safer to replace a nursing wear when nursing in public without a cover and better still compare to ‘adegan selak menyelak’.
That is why if you were ask me , how is my dream nursing wear of course I will say a jubah with proper “window”. I don’t dream for very stylish nursing wear. A comfortable nursing wear that serve the purpose, charming & suit me well is more than enough. Since my tudung is covering upper part of my body, I would like
1) A jubah made from chiffon is the best material for me as chiffon is soft and comfy to both baby and myself. Chiffon will also portrait a luxurious look for the wearer.
2) The jubah decorated with sequin/beading all over the legging part.
3) I would love to have French lace on the “window” for breastfeed to hilited the special design there (even nobody can see it).
4) Or may have like “hanging toys” sewn on “window” area for baby to play with while nursing . Just like here but this one is a necklace .I wish this can be sewn on the fabric.
5) Perhaps the sleeve part can be designed with soft arm padding to support my baby’s head and avoid 'lenguh' at mom's arm.
Haha, too much of imagination !
Any fashion designer would like to sponsor my dream nursing wear ? Ahaks…!
Hereby I attached my sketch (yang tak berseni ni) .